Herbst Appliance Mouth Guard
It is difficult to find a Herbst appliance mouth guard. The Denta-Gard® is the most adaptable Herbst appliance mouth guard available.
A dental professional will need to make the adjustments for it to fit a Herbst Appliance properly. Dental professionals may watch our video on how to modify the Denta-Gard® to fit nicely with a Herbst Appliance.
The Denta-Gard was designed by an Orthodontist to fit comfortably over dental braces and many appliances. However, it can be worn without braces.
The Denta-Gard® has these outstanding features:
- Worn over dental braces – Does not counteract an orthodontist’s technically and precisely planned movement. Therefore, preserving corrections and adjustments your orthodontist has scheduled.
- Concussion reduction – This is an important, but controversial subject. There are no clinical trials to support the statement that a mouth guard will protect against concussions. One theory is that a mouth guard should dissipate and/or absorb the force of an upward blow to the jaw. It should be approximately 4mm in thickness on the occlusal surface. Denta-Gard® has these properties. In addition, cushioning between upper and lower teeth can be effective at reducing the incidence or severity of concussions.
- Protects both upper and lower teeth – Why wear a mouth guard that only protects half of your teeth? The unique design, protects both upper and lower teeth at the same time.
- Allows open mouth breathing – The natural spring hinge allows open mouth breathing and understandable speech.
- Comfortable to wear – Soft and pliable, yet strong and tough. Comfortable to wear. Athletes tend to wear it more consistently than other mouth guards.
- Virtually indestructible -Athletes tend to chew down the ends of common plastic mouth guards. As a result, coaches and trainers can’t determine if the guard is offering protection. Virtually impossible to chew through. Therefore they do not even try to chew it.
- Latex and BPA free
- Made in the USA – With FDA approved materials.
In conclusion, the Denta-Gard® does not fall into the standard three mouth guard category types listed below.
- Stock mouth guards: Inexpensive and usually purchased at sporting good stores. In most cases can not be worn with braces. In addition, they only cover the upper teeth and are usually bulky and make breathing difficult. They provide very little to no protection. Dentist typically do not recommend their use.
- Boil and bite mouth guard: Inexpensive at most sporting good stores. Made of thermoplastic material that you place in boiling water, then shape around teeth with your fingers. In most cases can not be worn with braces. Covers the upper teeth only and are usually bulky and uncomfortable. kids tend to chew the ends down which eliminates any cushioning benefit.
- Custom fit mouth guard: Typically cost $300.00 and up, expensive and purchased from your Dentist. Consequently, in order to protect both upper and lower teeth you will need to purchase two custom fit guards.
Doctors can browse our website to learn about using the Denta-Gard® Mouthguard as your Herbst appliance mouth guard.
Retail customers please visit us at MouthGuardPRO.com
Everybody view our demonstration video!!