Protect my braces
Many dental patients ask how can I protect my braces? We tell them the best protection is to wear a Denta-Gard® mouth guard. Orthodontic correction for both health and appearance is not just for teenagers anymore. Although the large majority of orthodontic treatment still goes to teenagers, many adults are having their bite and smile adjusted. Whether you are a parent paying for the treatment for your teenager or you are an adult budgeting for your own corrected smile, protecting your investment is an important financial consideration.
After learning the features of Denta-Gard® most people tell their friends “I protect my braces with a Denta-Gard® mouthguard”.
The Denta-Gard® has these outstanding features:
- Worn over dental braces – Does not counteract an orthodontist’s technically and precisely planned movement. Therefore, preserving corrections and adjustments your orthodontist has scheduled.
- Forsus appliance and Herbst appliance – Can be worn with both Forsus appliances and Herbst appliances. See our video for possible mouthguard adjustments.
- Concussion reduction – This is an important, but controversial subject. There are no clinical trials to support the statement that a mouth guard will protect against concussions. One theory is that a mouth guard should dissipate and/or absorb the force of an upward blow to the jaw. It should be approximately 4mm in thickness on the occlusal surface. Denta-Gard® has these properties. In addition, cushioning between upper and lower teeth can be effective at reducing the incidence or severity of concussions.
- Protects both upper and lower teeth – Why wear a mouth guard that only protects half of your teeth? The unique design protects both upper and lower teeth at the same time.
- Allows open mouth breathing – The natural spring hinge allows open mouth breathing and understandable speech.
- Comfortable to wear – Soft and pliable, yet strong and tough. Comfortable to wear. Athletes tend to wear it more consistently than other mouth guards.
- Virtually indestructible -Athletes tend to chew down the ends of common plastic mouth guards. As a result, coaches and trainers can’t determine if the guard is offering protection. Virtually impossible to chew through. Therefore they do not even try to chew it.
- Latex and BPA free
- Made in the USA – With FDA approved materials.
In conclusion, the Denta-Gard® does not fall into the standard three mouth guard category types listed below.
- Stock mouth guards: Inexpensive and usually purchased at sporting goods stores. In most cases can not be worn with braces. In addition, they only cover the upper teeth and are usually bulky and make breathing difficult. They provide very little to no protection. Dentists typically do not recommend their use.
- Boil and bite mouth guard: Inexpensive at most sporting goods stores. Made of a thermoplastic material that you place in boiling water, then shape around teeth with your fingers. In most cases can not be worn with braces. Covers the upper teeth only and is usually bulky and uncomfortable. kids tend to chew the ends down which eliminates any cushioning benefit.
- Custom fit mouth guard: Typically cost $300.00 and up, expensive and purchased from your Dentist. Consequently, in order to protect both upper and lower teeth, you will need to purchase two custom fit guards.
Doctors can browse our website to learn about using the Denta-Gard® Mouthguard as your protect my braces mouth guard.
Retail customers please visit us at MouthGuardPRO.com
Everybody view our demonstration video!!